Thursday, July 21, 2016

Review: G-spot Vibrator

The basic G-spot vibrator is a stick that features a small egg on the end set at an angle to the main shaft. If you've never used one, or aren't familiar with G-spots, the angle of the egg may seem strange. This is not a dildo. It’s a vibrator with a specific purpose in mind: Stimulating the G-spot.


For some, the G-spot is a thing of myth and legend. For others, it’s very real. It should be located a few inches inside the vagina, at the front of the vaginal wall. I was personally never very aware of my own sensitivity in that area, until I met this handy gadget. Never say "never," but unlike some, the sensation I get from stimulating this area isn't orgasmic, so much as intensely pleasurable. It's more robust, but within the category of things that feel good sexually to me, but aren't necessarily ever going to lead to an orgasm--like rim stimulation.

Some folks say they have no such spot. Whether they don't, or they just haven't found it or stimulated it correctly, who knows? Bodies are all different, so it's conceivable to me that not everyone is going to have the same sensitivity in the same regions as everyone else. I certainly would have asserted it was outside my range prior to trying this toy. It's like hearing someone say they've never orgasmed. Is it that they can't? Or is it that they haven't figured out what gets them there, yet? I'm sure there are some of both in this world. They may go to their graves with the question unanswered. And in the end, regardless of which category they fall into--the result is the same.

So, what does this toy do, exactly? Well, the intended use is to insert it into the vagina with the egg facing to the front of the body, so that it hits that area of the suspected G-spot. Then it's up to you or your partner to figure out how to maneuver it to your satisfaction. Fast or slow, small circles or up and down, side to side--anything you want to try, try it. And you don't have to only aim it at your G-spot. You can turn it, put it farther up, use it externally on the clit or anus, or buy a size that suits you and put it up your ass. While I'm comfortable with anal, the shape of this, after having experienced it vaginally, isn't really something I imagine I'd be into as an anal toy. I think the angle, for me, would be a little uncomfortable, and I'd probably prefer a variety with a little more curve, or no curve at all, and a little less angle.

There are smaller, similar versions of this intended to stimulate the prostrate in men if that's your thing. Anal entry is preferred for these, because of the location of the prostate. In fact prostate vibrators are often synonymous with anal vibrators.

They come in different textures and can also come with a variety of features. This one is very basic, and provides two vibration speeds, low and high. Low gives a sensation more like a massage tool. High is closer to my kitchen appliances. I personally prefer the lower speed and the slow build up. The high is a bit intense for me. But I'm sure there are people who prefer or even require, that extra intensity. So, at least they have options. I'm not saying I'm never interested in the higher speed, just that I lean toward the low most often.

This particular toy has served fairly well as a basic tool for nearly a year, so I can't complain about the craftsmanship, but will note the maker is not identified on the product, so I'm not sure how to recommend it. I can only say it's a very generic type of G-spot vibrator, and I'm sure there are many similar products out there if you're interested in giving something like this a try.

For me, personally, when it comes to clitoral stimulation, the high speed can be a bit too much--almost distracting. Low is better. But in all honesty, I prefer HotRod's manual or oral stimulation to the tool. Maybe it's that the uniform vibration makes it a little too predictable, even while it's being manipulated to some degree by the user? I'm not sure.

I will say that I owe a "first" to this little thing. I used it on myself during sex with HotRod to achieve my first ever orgasm during vaginal sex. I've tried for that for years, and on a few occasions come very close. But it's always eluded me, because I find the sexual activity distracting, and it interferes with my focus on coming to orgasm. With this tool I've come during sex exactly once so far. But at least now I know I can do it, and hope to have that experience many more times in the future.

But that's my take as the female user on the business end of this tool.

-MK

Visit us on tumblr and twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment